It all started off with an simple request from my husband Paul, to sew him a comfier (is that a real word?) guitar strap. Well that was simple enough...or so I thought. It did take me two goes to get it right.
Following that, I thought I'd be a kind and thoughtful wife and also sew him a messenger bag for his guitar music, using the leftover fabric from the strap and some blue cord. I like bags. I also like bags to have a specific purpose. Up until now, Paul has not had a bag specifically for his music. I think he may have been slumming it and using supermarket bags. Not good enough! I thought a new bag would be handy for going to and from band practice, which is utterly ridiculous as 95% of the time, band practice is at our house. But hey, now he gets to look cool for the other 5% of the time.
Then using the leftover fabric from the bag, plus some additional scraps, I sewed each of my kids a mouse softie. Things got a little out of hand didn't they? I mean, it did all just start with a request for a guitar strap.
Front of bag: Cargo pocket, piped flap
Secret love message sewn inside one of the pocket flaps.
Pocket on other side.
The strap that started it all!
Three not-so-blind mice.
You never know where this sewing shenanigans is going to take you!