Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Me-Made-May '12


Me-Made-May '12

'I, Bernice, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '12. I endeavour to wear at least one me-made item each day for the duration of May 2012'.



As you can see, I'm a little nervous about making this commitment. My biggest hurdle will be that odd morning when I'm in a crazy rush and a RTW item is the easier option i.e. doesn't need an iron, or doesn't go with an item that needs to be ironed. But hey, it's better to slip up on the odd day, then not to give it a go at all, right? 

I think the key to my success will be to plan my outfit the night before. My usual style is to pick something to wear minutes before I have to actually leave the house. In fact, I'm superfast at getting ready and generally step into the shower about 10 minutes before I have to leave with three small children in tow. It's usually when I'm in the shower that I decide what I'm going to wear.  All I need then is a bit of concealer under my eyes, a touch of lip gloss, a groovy ring or necklace and I'm good to go. I'm pretty sure this system will need a little bit of a shake-up in during May. 

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Snap!

    I have all the same thoughts. Plenty of clothes to actually do the challenge, but I am lazy and disorganised about getting dressed. And I can't think how I would actually take the pictures needed to document the month!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for giving it a go - I think the hardest part is taking so many photos of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you! I find it helps to segregate my me-mades---I have a separate drawer for my me-made tops---so I don't have to actively exclude that tempting RTW.

    As for the photos, if there's a spot in your house you can leave the camera set up, that's the easiest. Although it does get boring after a while... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent, dressing in the tropics is sadly under represented in the sewing world IMO.

    ReplyDelete