Sunday, February 8, 2015

My 40th Birthday Dress

Over the past few weeks I have been dreaming of my 40th birthday dress. I've had a whirlpool of ideas and designs swirling around and around in my mind. I've spent hours trawling the internet for inspiration, and patterns that vaguely resemble that inspiration. And finally, I think I've landed on 'the one'. 

Below is a collection of my ideas, inspiration and patterns in my stash that I can modify. I love the Michelle Mason dress below. I'm still not 100% whether I'll make it as long as this dress or chop it off above the knees. This will came down to how much fabric I have, climate and wearability. 

The Inspiration

Mason by Michelle Mason

(photo via Net-a-Porter)


The Fabric
Butterflies On Teal - Sold Out - Tessuti Fabrics - Online Fabric Store - Cotton, Linen, Silk, Bridal & more

(photo via Tessuti Fabrics)


The Patterns

Bodice Front - W*tchery Chambray Playsuit
(to be traced off)


Bodice Back - Vogue 8241
Click to magnify/shrink


Lower Skirt - Vogue 8241
 (for length)
Click to magnify/shrink
Upper skirt - Vogue 1247
(for fit)


With only 4 1/2 weeks to the big event...I'd better get cracking! 



2 comments: